Do you have some nagging flaws like stains, chips or gaps, that have left you feeling less confident and hesitant to show your teeth? If so, the placement of porcelain veneers in Plano provides a convenient, unique and effective solution. Does this process create a natural-looking smile, though? As you continue reading, learn more about the porcelain veneers procedure, and discover how it can revamp your smile and take your self-esteem to new heights!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Made from high-grade ceramics, porcelain veneers are designed to mask flaws that affect the front-facing teeth. Therefore, if you have gaps, crookedness, crowding, stains or chips, they provide a way to rejuvenate your smile in a fraction of the time that some other methods would require.
The thin slithers of porcelain are carefully placed directly over your teeth by the skilled hands of your cosmetic dentist. Before any work begins, though, a shade guide is used to find the perfect match to your other teeth so that the final product is a beautiful new smile!
How the Porcelain Veneers Process Works
To further understand how porcelain veneers create gorgeous and natural-looking smiles, let’s take a look at how the process works. Here are the typical steps your cosmetic dentist will take:
- Numbing Medication – If you usually have sensitive teeth, then before the process starts, your cosmetic dentist may apply a numbing medication to prevent any discomfort.
- Preparation – So your new veneers will fit properly, your cosmetic dentist will remove a thin layer of enamel.
- Bite Impressions – Digital bite impressions are captured and, along with a custom smile plan, are sent to a trusted lab that will fabricate your new veneers.
- Temporary Placement – Before you leave the office, you’ll be fitted with a set of temporary veneers to protect your exposed teeth.
- Final Placement – When the permanent veneers arrive from the lab, you’ll be invited back to the office to have them placed and for any final adjustments to be made.
In just two-to-three visits, you’ll have a brand-new appearance.
The Final Verdict
The verdict is in; when it comes to improving your smile aesthetics, porcelain veneers provide phenomenal results. By being custom-designed and crafted from the finest materials, they fit in perfectly with your other teeth to create a symmetrical look. Even better, it will appear as though you were born with your smile.
To get on the road to attaining the look you’ve always wanted, contact your cosmetic dentist in Plano today to request an initial visit!
About the Author
Dr. Jason L. Montgomery is a graduate of Baylor College of Dentistry. Dedicated to the learning process for life, he has taken over 500 hours of continuing education, with a great deal of attention devoted to cosmetic dentistry. As a result of his commitment to excellence, Dr. Montgomery has recently been selected as one of “America’s Top Dentists.” He helps patients achieve beautiful smiles with porcelain veneers at his private practice, and he can be reached for more information through his website.